You are here
Disability and Access Coalition
The Disability and Access Coalition is a subcommittee of the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) Student Association. Our mission is to raise awareness around disability issues, build and maintain a campus that celebrates, advocates for, and ensures inclusiveness, and foster collaboration between students with disabilities and those who are allies. We provide programming and events in an effort to establish a supportive community where folks are empowered and affirmed in their intersectional identities.
Please reach out with any questions, ideas, or interest in joining the Committee at email@example.com.
MA in Museum Studies
The Disability and Access Coalition hosts multiple events each year and has had success transitioning into the virtual world. The Committee typically hosts events during October (National Disability Employment Awareness Month), April (CUNY Disability Awareness Month), and July (Disability Pride Month).
Learn more about our events:
- Disability and Employment in the 21 Century
- Perspectives on Access: An Afternoon of Panel Conversations and Film
- Pop-Up Musem of Disability Culture and History
- Screening of the documentary film, 'Disabilities Redefined: Major Choices, Great Career Paths!'
- Sneak peek of the documentary film, 'Trust Me, I’m Sick'