You are here
The CUNY School of Professional Studies Student Association is the elected representative and appropriating body of currently enrolled degree and for-credit-certificate students, working to provide a forum for discussion of school related issues and matters of particular concern to the student body, as well as developing and administering online and in-person social and cultural programming and activities. The Student Association works to ensure the student perspective is considered by faculty and administration in all matters related to the School’s operations. The Student Association also works directly with the Office of the Associate Dean of Student and Community Affairs to equitably distribute student activity fees.
Representatives have the opportunity to serve on various School committees to ensure the student body is represented in all aspects of School life. In addition, as part of their normal day-to-day responsibilities, representatives serve on the following committees:
- CUNY SPS Accessibility and Inclusion Committee
- CUNY SPS Commencement Committee
- Special Events Committee
- Student Association Professional Development Grant Award Committee
The Student Association complies with the New York State Open Meetings Law. If you have an item you would like placed for consideration on the Student Association agenda email firstname.lastname@example.org 10 days prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The following is a schedule of the Student Association’s planned meetings for Spring 2020:
- Thursday, February 6, room 414 or online, 6:30 — 8:30 pm
- Thursday, March 12, room 414 or online, 6:30 — 8:30 pm
- Thursday, April 2, room 414 or online, 6:30 — 8:30 pm
- Thursday, May 7, room 414 or online, 6:30 — 8:30 pm