You are here
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) Student Association is the elected representative and appropriating body of currently enrolled degree and for-credit-certificate students. The Student Association works to provide a forum for discussion of school related issues and matters of particular concern to the student body. The Association also develops and administers online and in-person social and cultural programming and activities.
The Student Association works to ensure the student perspective is considered by faculty and administration in all matters related to the School’s operations. The Student Association also works directly with the Office of the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services to equitably distribute student activity fees.
Representatives have the opportunity to serve on various School committees to ensure the student body is represented in all aspects of School life. In addition, as part of their normal day-to-day responsibilities, representatives serve on the following committees:
- CUNY SPS Committee on Institutional Equity and Diversity
- CUNY SPS Commencement Committee
- CUNY SPS Faculty Student Discipline Committee
- Student Association Professional Development Grant Award Committee
The Student Association complies with the New York State Open Meetings Law. As such, meetings are held in person on campus at 119 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001, in room 414. Current students are welcome to join. If you have an agenda item you would like to be considered in the meeting, please email the Student Association 10 days prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Student Association meetings scheduled for the Spring 2023 semester:
- Wednesday, February 8, 6:00-8:00 pm: Student Association
- Wednesday, March 8, 6:00-8:00 pm: Student Association
- Thursday, April 20, 6:00-8:00 pm: Student Association
- Wednesday, May 10, 6:00-8:00 pm: Student Association