Welcome to undergraduate admissions at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS). We're glad you are choosing CUNY SPS to complete your undergraduate degree and further your academic goals.
Our undergraduate programs are designed to meet the needs of adult students who are returning to college, some after many years, to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- For students who feel their prior college GPA is not reflective of their academic potential and may not meet our standard GPA requirement, CUNY SPS has an alternate performance-based application program called Jump Start.
- We accept a maximum of 90 Transfer Credits.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements. CUNY College Readiness Requirements
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to CUNY SPS. Veterans of the United States Military, active duty service members, and members of the National Guard or Reserves are eligible for an application fee waiver.
Undergraduate Degree program DEADLINES
Regular Decision Deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019
For best consideration, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a complete application, including an admissions essay and an official transcript from each postsecondary institution previously attended, by this date.
Applications that are received after this date will be reviewed as space permits.
(Accelerated) Nursing programs
The decision deadline for admission to the (Accelerated) Nursing programs is Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Next Steps to Apply
The Office of Admissions can help you with any questions you have about the CUNY application process.
Office of Admissions
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Phone: (646) 664-8544
Fax: (646) 664-8724