You are here
Welcome to undergraduate admissions at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS). We're glad you are choosing CUNY SPS to complete your undergraduate degree and further your academic goals.
Our undergraduate programs are designed to meet the needs of adult students who are returning to college, some after many years, to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree program.
Some things to consider before applying:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- We accept a maximum of 90 transfer credits. Our transfer credit section can tell you more.
- Students who are admitted to CUNY SPS must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements.
- A personal essay is part of the application process.
- CUNY SPS does not require letters of recommendation as part of the transfer admissions process.
- There is no fee for currently enrolled CUNY students, but candidates from other schools are charged $70. Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to the CUNY SPS. Veterans of the United States Military, active duty service members, and members of the National Guard or Reserves are eligible for an application fee waiver.
The Office of Admissions can help you with any questions you have about the CUNY application process. Students looking to complete their undergraduate education at CUNY SPS should use the CUNY Transfer Application. The link for instructions to complete your application are below and if at any time you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions for help at email@example.com or (646) 664-8544.