Welcome to undergraduate admissions at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS). We're glad you are choosing CUNY SPS to complete your undergraduate degree and further your academic goals.
Our undergraduate programs are designed to meet the needs of adult students who are returning to college, some after many years, to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- For students who feel their prior college GPA is not reflective of their academic potential and may not meet our standard GPA requirement, CUNY SPS has an alternate performance-based application program called Jump Start.
- We accept a maximum of 90 Transfer Credits.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements. CUNY College Readiness Requirements
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to CUNY SPS. Veterans of the United States Military, active duty service members, and members of the National Guard or Reserves are eligible for an application fee waiver.
Undergraduate Degree program DEADLINES
*Priority Decision Deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020
Completing the application by the priority deadline will guarantee notification of an admission status weeks before the Regular Decision.
Students admitted through the Priority Decision will have an early advantage to:
- Start classes with the Summer 2020 session
- Receive a transfer credit evaluation
- Meet with an academic advisor to select classes
- Have more time to sign up for a tuition payment plan
- Learn of their financial aid award (for those who submit a FAFSA and are deemed eligible for grants)
- Deadline to submit your application and the essay.
- Deadline for all official transcripts from each college/university attended, including the essay (if not previously submitted).
Applicants who have completed the application process are notified of an admission decision by this date, if not earlier.
(Once admitted, students will have 14 days to submit a commitment deposit/form.)
Next Steps to Apply
The Office of Admissions can help you with any questions you have about the application process.
Office of Admissions
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Phone: (646) 664-8544
Fax: (646) 664-8724