You are here
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy Compliance
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and equal access in its educational programs and activities. We are committed to providing an educational and workplace environment free from any form of unlawful discrimination and sexual misconduct.
We promote and support a diverse culture of excellence, mutual respect, inclusion, and professionalism and are committed to enhancing and facilitating our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by providing expert advice and leadership to the School community in their efforts to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, ensuring an environment free from discrimination and harassment, and providing opportunities for reflection, engagement, and learning that aligns to the mission and vision of the School.
CUNY Policy on Equal Opportunity and Non-discrimination:
It is the policy of CUNY SPS to recruit, employ, retain, promote, and provide benefits to employees and admit and provide services for students without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, disability, genetic information, alienage, citizenship, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses, unemployment status, or other legally prohibited basis in accordance with federal, state, and city laws.
This policy also prohibits retaliation for reporting or opposing discrimination, or cooperating with an investigation of a discrimination complaint.
Policy on Sexual Misconduct (Title IX) (PDF):
CUNY's Policy on Sexual Misconduct prohibits all forms of sexual misconduct, including sexual harassment, gender harassment and sexual violence. Inquiries concerning sexual misconduct or sex discrimination may be made to the individuals specified in that Policy or may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
The Chief Diversity Officer / Title IX Coordinator / ADA-504 Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that CUNY SPS complies with University and college policies, as well as federal, state, and local laws pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Responsibilities include:
- Investigating complaints of discrimination and harassment pursuant to non-discrimination policies and procedures, including as Title IX Coordinator
- Providing confidential consultation for, investigation and resolution of discrimination /harassment complaints
- Ensuring non-discriminatory employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment and hiring processes
- Consulting with hiring teams and managers on recruitment and selection, overseeing recruitment plans and effective recruitment/selection strategies
- Distributing policies, notices and revisions, and integrating them into training programs, search committee orientations, websites, and other communications
- Promoting educational and training efforts to foster equity, diversity, and inclusion in the School community
- Preparing and communicating Affirmative Action Plan reports, and other compliance and audit reports and responses, as necessary
- Evaluating Affirmative Action programs and initiatives
- Participating in CUNY initiatives promoting equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Serving as a liaison between the School, CUNY, enforcement agencies, and community interest groups
- Reviewing appeals of reasonable accommodation requests and decisions
Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator/ADA-504 Coordinator
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street, Room 120
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (646) 618-0129