You are here
Call 911 immediately for any accident or sudden illness that impairs functioning, such as:
- Unconsciousness, however brief
- Chest pains... Call 911 Immediatly
- Incapacitating head, abdominal, or other pain
- Impaired breathing
- Profuse bleeding
- Disorientation or impaired ambulation
Be prepared to give the 911 operator the following information:
- Location of the medical emergency
- Sex and approximate age of the patient
- Condition of patient (conscious/unconscious, difficulty breathing, chest pain, etc.)
After calling 911, CUNY SPS Public Safety (646) 664-8600 should also be contacted to assist with first aid and expedite emergency service response. Also contact your building coordinator.
Do not attempt to administer first aid or CPR unless you have received prior certified training.