ePermit Students

Students who are currently enrolled in a degree program at a CUNY campus may register for CUNY SPS courses through ePermit. In many cases, CUNY SPS courses are considered equivalent to and may be substituted for courses in CUNY degree programs. All CUNY SPS General Education courses fulfill CUNY Common Core Pathways Requirements.

Who is eligible to use the ePermit approval request system?

  • A matriculated student currently in attendance at a CUNY college (home college)
  • Undergraduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.00
  • Graduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
  • A student cannot have any holds on his/her record
  • A student must meet all home college registration requirements, such as completed immunization
  • Newly admitted and continuing Macaulay Honors College and CUNY BA students with advisor approval

Listing of the General Education courses offered online.

Global Search Tool to see classes offered on all CUNY campuses.

CUNY Transfer Explorer, also known as CUNY TREX, is a powerful tool designed to help students access information on how CUNY coursework transfers across the University.  CUNY students interested in e-Permit can learn how courses transfer in all directions across the CUNY system and how courses may fit into their major by visiting the TREX.  We encourage students to consult with their Home College Academic Advisor before requesting to permit a course. 


Thomas Jennings
(646) 664-8501