You are here
Thank you for choosing the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS).
Our undergraduate programs are designed to meet the needs of adult students who are returning to college, some after many years, to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree program.
Step 1: Log In
Create a CUNY application account or log into your existing CUNYfirst Account. We recommend that you complete the application using a desktop computer and not on a mobile or tablet device.
Step 2: Fill out the CUNY Transfer Application
Select Transfer Applicant from the dropdown menu and fill out the application. Do note that as a transfer student to CUNY SPS there will be some sections which are considered optional and do not need to be filled out.
Step 3: Pay the Application Fee
To submit your application, you must pay a non-refundable $70 processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to CUNY SPS. You can pay your application fee online using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express or electronic check. You can also submit a money order payable to ‘CUNY’ to the University Application Processing Center.
Step 4: Submit Transcripts
To complete your application, official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit. If your application includes education completed outside the U.S., a copy of your foreign transcript in its original language is required. If your transcript is in a language other than English, an English translation is also required.
Step 5: Submit Personal Essay
A personal essay of at least 250 words must be submitted with your application.
[collapsed title="Tips for Applying"]
- You will need to list CUNY School of Professional Studies as a college choice in your CUNY application.
- Please allow approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application.
- You'll find the process much faster if you gather the following information before you start the application:
- Previous education history
- Citizenship information
- Family background data
- Credit card information
- Initial thoughts for your personal essay (goals, reason for applying, and experience)
- If for any reason you cannot complete the application immediately, you may save it and complete it later.
- If you do not regularly select the save button, all information that you have entered will be deleted.
- If you are experiencing technical problems, please contact the CUNY SPS Help Desk at (646) 664-8592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Admissions can help you with any questions you have about the application process.