You are here
As a transfer institution that requires all students to enter with 24 or more credits, we strive to help you to transfer as much credit as possible. We know you have worked hard both inside and outside of the classroom to earn your education. That is why all bachelor’s degree candidates are eligible to transfer up to 105 academic credits from previous educational institutions. In order to earn a degee at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS), students must successfully complete at least 15 academic credits at CUNY SPS while matriculated.
Once you are admitted, you will receive an official credit evaluation. During the transfer evaluation process, courses taken at other institutions are used to fulfill CUNY SPS requirements where possible. The credit value of transferred courses is assigned to match the credit value of the equivalent course.
Acceptable forms of transfer credit
- Completed course credit from a regionally accredited institution
- Assessment of prior learning via portfolio evaluation
- College-level subject-area examinations such as CLEP, Saylor, UExcel or DANTES/DSST
- ACE-evaluated corporate or military training credit
Guidelines for Unofficial Credit Evaluations
- Evaluations are only available for prospective students (not applicants)
- There is a limit of one evaluation per student
- We are not able to issue unofficial evaluations for multiple programs of study
- Transcripts are required within seven days of request submission
If you have already applied to CUNY SPS, an official transfer credit evaluation will be made following an acceptance and receipt of final and official transcripts from all institutions attended. Admitted students can expect to receive the official transfer credit evaluation prior to registering for their first term of enrollment. Transfer credits do not compute into the bachelor’s degree grade point average.
For more information about the transfer credit policy at CUNY SPS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.