You are here
STEP 1. Get advised
Before beginning the registration process admitted and returning students must consult with their program/faculty adviser about the courses you should enroll in.
STEP 2. Register for classes
- Enrollment Date: While students can add classes to your shopping cart in CUNYfirst, you will not be permitted to register before your assigned date and time. To find out your assigned enrollment date and time:
- Log into your CUNYfirst account
- Select HR/Campus Solutions from the first menu after login
- Look under Self Service --> Student Center -->Enrollment Dates.
Important: Note both your enrollment date AND time.
- Enroll in Classes*
- In CUNYfirst, select Self Service > Enrollment > Enrollment: Add Classes
- On the Add Classes page, select a term radio button.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- The Add Classes page with the 1. Select classes to add section displays. Confirm all your selected sessions are shown in your Shopping Cart. If not, use the Class Shopping Cart and Validation steps to add preferred sections in your Shopping Cart entering the class number or using Class Search.
- Click the Proceed to Step 2 Of 3 button.
- The Add Classes page, with the 2. Confirm classes section displays. View Status icons to ensure these classes are available and then select Finish Enrolling.
- The Add Classes page, with the 3. View results section displays. The Status column shows a green check mark to indicate successful enrollment in a class. The Status column shows an errors icon to indicate the enrollment request is not successful together with a message stating the reason the enrollment is not successful. You may be able to take actions to correct these errors and enroll later.
- View Class Schedule:
To see your current class schedule, select HR/Campus Solutions from the first menu after login, then look under "Self Service --> Student Center" (NOT "Self Service ---> Enrollment.").
STEP 3. Pay Your Bill.
Bill payment due dates appear on your tuition account in your Student Center, Finances section.
For additional information on how to pay your bill, visit the Payments Methods page.
Dropping and Swapping Courses
For information about dropping or swapping a class click on the following: