You are here
Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
The CUNY School of Professional Studies continuously accepts nominations for the CUNY SPS Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence Award.
An idea originated by the CUNY SPS Student Association, this award, given at the end of each academic year, acknowledges an adjunct faculty member's creative and innovative online teaching practices in undergraduate classes, and includes a $1,000 prize.
Candidates for the Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence Award are nominated by CUNY SPS students in online undergraduate degree programs; the nominees must then be endorsed by their program directors and provide a statement of their teaching philosophy, and a panel of students and faculty select each year's recipient.
To nominate an online adjunct faculty member for the 2023 Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence award, please send an email to email@example.com by Friday, March 10th, 2023, including the following information:
- Name of Online Instructor
- Name and Number of Course (e.g.: ENG 101)
- Semester of Course (e.g.: Fall 2022)
- A description of the creative and innovative online teaching practices of this instructor, and an explanation of why you believe this instructor should receive the annual CUNY SPS Adjunct Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Your Name
- Your Course of Study/Academic Program
Information about past winners of the Award can be found below: