You are here
Textbook Advance Payments
Book advances are available for eligible students at CUNY SPS. The payment will be mailed to the address provided on your current year FAFSA, or credited to your Direct Deposit account during the first full week of classes.
NOTE: If your eligibility for this or any of your anticipated aid changes, or there are changes in your tuition bill, you may have to repay these funds and/or you may owe more to SPS for your tuition bill.
In order to be eligible for a Book Advance payment you must complete ALL of the following steps:
- File the FAFSA as early as possible;
- Be Pell Grant eligible;
- Check with the Financial Aid Office about a week after filing the FAFSA for Pell Grant eligibility information;
- Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office at least SIX WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration;
- Have financial aid funds (only from grants) that exceed tuition and fees by at least $100;
- Register at least FOUR WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration.
- You must complete all of the steps above to be eligible for a Book Advance payment.
Students are advised to apply for Direct Deposit so that your Book Advance (as well as all future financial aid payments) becomes available to you as quickly as possible.
- Direct Deposit Request applications (PDF)
- To learn more about how to save money on textbooks.
As noted above, it is of utmost importance to file your FAFSA, follow-up with the Financial Aid Office, as well as register as early as possible to be considered for a Book Advance Payment.
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (646) 664-8720, email@example.com, or visit the Financial Aid Office, located at 119 W 31st Street, 1st Floor, NY, NY.
NOTE: Book Advance Payments are NOT available for the Summer and Winter terms.