You are here
Accounts Payable and Purchasing
Accounts Payable is responsible for processing payments to vendors, faculty, staff, and students in a timely manner in accordance with New York State law and CUNY Guidelines. Accounts Payable is also responsible for processing travel and non-travel reimbursements, honoraria, and student stipends. Accounts Payable is managed by CUNY Central’s Accounts Payable Department through their shared services with the SPS Fiscal and Business Operations Office acting as liaison.
The City University of New York adheres to State and City of New York rules and regulations. In all instances, travelers are expected to travel by the most cost-effective method while balancing cost, time and safety. Full-time State employees are issued a New York State Travel Card (T-Card). All official travel events must be booked via Child Travel/CUNY CONCUR using your T-Card. Conference registrations, transportation, and lodging reservations will be secured by the traveler using their T-Card unless otherwise noted.
Once forms are approved by your Supervisor and Division Head (required for Conference Travel request only) they will be sent for budgetary review by the Associate Dean of Administration and Finance Washington Hernandez and the Budget and Finance Director Garrett McGuire Tabb.
Please see links below to:
- CUNY Travel Policy SPS (PDF) - If you have not done so, please be sure to review, sign, and send a copy to Accounts Payable for our records
- Conference Requiring Travel Request Guidelines and Form (PDF)*
- Out of Pocket Expense Request Form (PDF)*
- Funding Request Form (PDF)* - Virtual Conference, Memberships, or Registration only
- CONCUR Travel Online Booking Tool (PDF)
- Traveler Checklist (PDF)
For any additional inquiries or questions please contact Accounts Payable.
- CUNY Travel Advisory (PDF)
- CUNY Travel Petition (PDF)*
- Travel Ban to North Carolina and Mississippi (PDF)
- Tax Exemption Certificate for Hotels (PDF)*
- Office of the State Comptroller Travel Manual (PDF)
- Per Diem GSA Rates
- Meals and Incidentals Breakdown
The primary mission of the CUNY Central Purchasing Office is to ethically and efficiently procure and receive quality goods and services at the best prices and value in compliance with the policies, procedures, and guidelines of The City University of New York and the State of New York. They are committed to providing outstanding customer service as well as opportunities to qualified and responsible vendors.
Purchasing for our School is handled through our Fiscal and Business Operations Office acting as liaisons to the Central Office Purchasing Office. The various aspects of procurement and purchasing are subject to the requirements mandated by CUNY and New York State Comptrollers.
Important: Only The Central Purchasing Office can obligate the College on matters of procurement through the issuance of duly authorized Purchase Orders and contracts.
Procurement Policies and Procedures
- CUNY Procurement Policy and Procedures of The City University of New York (PDF)
- Purchasing Hierarchy and Thresholds (PDF)
- Procurement FAQs (PDF)
- CUNY Supplier Diversity Program
- CUNY Matrix (PDF)
CUNYBuy: Coming Summer 2022
Catering and onsite meals
Training Materials and Procurement Resources
- CUNYBuy Trainings – (Coming Soon via Blackboard)
- How to enter a requisition in CUNYFirst 9.2 (PDF)
- Justification Checklist (PDF)
- Justification Sample – Simple (PDF)
- Justification Sample – Complex (PDF)
- Justification Sample – Blank (PDF)
- Requisition Submission Documents (PDF)
- New Supplier Request (PDF)
P-Card (Soon to be Chase)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the Central Purchasing Office and we will do our best to assist.
*Please use Adobe Acrobat when completing PDF forms to avoid any compatibility issues.