You are here
DegreeWorks is an online advisement tool for undergraduate students and their advisors that shows student progress toward completion of degree requirements. All currently registered CUNY SPS undergraduate students have a DegreeWorks account.
DegreeWorks functions as a self-advisement tool that allows students to regularly track their degree progress as well as to plan for future registrations. Students will be able to see how specific College requirements have been met and what courses they need to take to fulfill the requirements that are remaining.
Signing into DegreeWorks:
Undergraduate students will use their CUNY Login credentials on the “CUNY Login” page to log into DegreeWorks. Your CUNY Login credentials are your CUNYfirst firstname.lastname@example.org and your CUNYfirst password. For additional information on “CUNY Login” visit the CUNY Login FAQ’s.
What are the benefits of using DegreeWorks?
- Determine what requirements you need to fulfill in order to complete your degree.
- View individual course grades, cumulative grade-point average (GPA), and major average.
- Determine which courses you have taken or transferred, and which ones count as electives.
- View transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied towards your degree.
- See how your coursework could be applied toward another major, minor, certificate or major concentration using the “What if” option.
- Confirm your academic standing.
- Estimate how many semesters it will take you to graduate.
When can I use my DegreeWorks audit?
- When reviewing your academic plan and progress with your advisor, faculty member or Academic Director.
- Creating a list of questions to discuss with your advisor.
- Identifying courses that need to be completed.
- Selecting courses that meet your degree requirements.
Who do I contact if I have questions about my DegreeWorks audit, course selection or academic plan or course requirements for a program?
For questions about your DegreeWorks audit, please contact the registrar at email@example.com.
For questions about course selection or your academic plan, please contact your academic advisor.
For questions regarding the course requirements for a program, please check the list of undergraduate programs and contact the corresponding contact person.
How is a DegreeWorks worksheet different from a transcript?
DegreeWorks is not your academic transcript nor is it an official notification of completion of degree requirements. Changes made to your official CUNY School of Professional Studies academic record will take at least 24-48 hours to be reflected in your DegreeWorks report. This progress report does not superseded the CUNY School of Professional Studies Bulletin and/or amendments passed by the CUNY Board of Trustees. Your transcript, however, is your official college record, and transcripts must be requested from the Office Registrar by submitting the Transcript Request Form.