You are here
How to Apply
NOTE: You will need to list CUNY School of Professional Studies as a college choice in your CUNY Transfer application for Fall 2019. Be sure to review our Admission Requirements before applying.
The priority Application deadline for CUNY SPS differs from other senior colleges. Find more information about SPS specific deadlines.
- Create a CUNY application account or log into your existing CUNYfirst Account. Visit the CUNY Application page to get started. We recommend that you complete the application using a desktop computer and not on a mobile or tablet device.
- Fill out the online application. Do note that as a transfer student to CUNY SPS there will be some sections which are considered optional and do not need to be filled out.
- To submit your application, you must pay a $70 processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to CUNY SPS. You can pay your application fee online using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express or electronic check. You can also submit a money order payable to ‘CUNY’ to the University Application Processing Center.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Current CUNY students are exempt from paying the transfer application fee.
- Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver.
4. To complete your application, Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit. If your application includes education completed outside the U.S., a copy of your foreign transcript in its original language is required. If your transcript is in a language other than English, an English translation is also required.
- Visit the CUNY Application page for more information and to get started.
- Please allow approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application.
- You'll find the process much faster if you gather the following information before you start the application:
- Previous education history
- Citizenship information
- Family background data
- Credit card information
- Initial thoughts for your personal essay (goals, reason for applying, and experience)
- If for any reason you cannot complete the application immediately, you may save it and complete it later.
- If you do not regularly select the save button, all information that you have entered will be deleted.
- If at any point during the application process you have any questions, please call (212) 652-CUNY (2869) or email email@example.com. If you are experiencing technical problems, please contact the CUNY SPS Help Desk at (646) 664-8592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.