You are here
Phone: (212) 652-2044
Dr. Kenya Harris is a Professor at the CUNY School of Professional Studies and previously served on the faculty at Bronx Community College in the Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences. She has been a nurse educator for 16 years and served as the Chairperson of the nursing department for three years. She currently serves as a peer evaluator for the Accreditation Committee for Education in Nursing.
In addition to her nursing education experience, she has worked for several years as a staff nurse in a variety of medical settings, such as the Visiting Nurse Service, Mount Sinai Hospital, St. Barnabas Hospital, and the Medical Staffing Network.
Dr. Kenya Harris earned a:
- AAS in Nursing, Bronx Community College
- BS in Nursing, Hunter College
- MS in Nursing Education, New York University
- EdD in Educational Administration, Leadership, and Technology, St. John’s University
Her scholarly activities and publications are listed below:
- Author, What Type of Leadership in Higher Education Promotes Job Satisfaction and Increase Retention, Journal forLeadership and Instruction Spring 2016
- Presenter, Dowling 11th Annual Practical Symposium: Innovation in Education What Type of Leadership in Higher Education Promotes Job Satisfaction and Increase Retention, March 2016, Long Island, NY.
- Poster presentation 39th Annual National Conference on Professional Education and Development: Nurse Educator on a Journey of Excellence- Augmentin Learning with Social Networks in Nursing, October 2012, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Author, Multifarious Instructional Design: A Design Grounded in Evidence-based Practice, Teaching, and Learning in Nursing, January 2011, Elsevier.
- Presenter, League for Innovation in the Community College: STEM Tech- Learning in the Future: Web 2.0; Allied Health Sciences, November 2, 2010, Orlando, Fl. This international conference highlighted innovative teaching strategies utilizing technology in curriculums across disciplines.
- Presenter, 37th Annual National Conference on Professional Education and Development: Innovation and Creativity in Nursing Education- Learning in the Future: Web 2.0; Allied Health Sciences, October 23, 2010, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Virtual Presenter, Hispanic Educational Technology Society First Annual Best Practices Showcase- Teaching and Learning in the Future-Using WEB 2.0 Tools: A Faculty Development Model, February 3, 2010, Puerto Rico.