You are here
CUNY SPS Scholarships
Currently enrolled, degree seeking undergraduate and graduate students can submit their online scholarship application for award consideration. Students are considered for CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) scholarships based on fund eligibility and overall assessment of your scholarship application.
Login Information to Apply for Scholarships
The login for scholarship applications is your CUNYfirst/Blackboard login credentials.
Contact the Office of Scholarships for any issues with your scholarship application. Otherwise, please contact the CUNY SPS Help Desk at (646) 664-8592 for questions regarding your login credentials.
Eligibility varies for each scholarship. Refer to CUNY SPS Scholarships for more details.
Please note, if awarded, final scholarship amounts take any employee sponsored tuition coverage into consideration.
Before You Apply
Students will be asked to submit the below items within their scholarship application. Applicants are encouraged to compose their personal statement and financial need statements offline, in Word, for example, and then copy and paste into the application.
Please review our Scholarship Application Tips guide (PDF).
A Personal Statement that includes:
- Your educational and work history, including your current employment status?
- What you plan to do after graduation?
- How would a scholarship help you achieve your educational and career goals?
A Financial Need Statement that includes:
- How you are currently financing your education?
- Any difficulties you may face in financing your education?
- How a scholarship award would support your progress to graduation?
- One Letter of Recommendation
- From a Professor or Professional Colleague/Mentor
Scholarship Award Cycle
The scholarship application opens in the beginning of the spring semester. Awards are distributed once a year in the fall semester, unless otherwise stated on the individual scholarship application.