F-1 Visa Information

International applicants who have been admitted to an on campus degree program must obtain an F-1 visa before entering the United States to study. Online degree programs do not qualify for F-1 visa status.  Before applying, an international applicant who wishes to study under an F-1 visa should email Jennifer Lee, Associate Registrar or call 646.664.8502.

If you are planning to apply for an F-1 visa for entry into the United States or if you are already in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa, you must complete one of the International Student Applications below.

Once you are in the United States on an F1-visa, you will be required to enroll in classes as a full-time student to maintain your status. To meet this requirement, undergraduate students are required to register for twelve credits and graduate students are required to register for nine credits each fall and spring semester. For additional resources, please visit CUNY’s International Student Guide and financial aid information for international students.