You are here
Veterans Affairs Pending Payment Policy
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.
CUNY SPS will not:
- Prevent nor delay the student’s enrollment
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
- Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
- Provide written request to be certified
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
Please submit all inquiries relating to VA educational benefits to firstname.lastname@example.org
GI Bill® Is a Registered Trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the U.S. government's VA website.