You are here
MS in Business Management and Leadership / BS in Business
Class of 2021/2020
What were some of the most defining aspects of your time at CUNY SPS?
The most defining aspect of my time at CUNY SPS has to be how responsive and helpful all the staff and faculty are. There is a true desire to help you succeed. Also, the ability to collaborate with so many determined individuals at various stages of their life from various parts of the world was great.
What is the best piece of advice, or most important thing you learned at CUNY SPS?
It is never too late. Regardless of where you are in life, there is no better time like the present to achieve your goals, and remember to never stop learning.
Who influenced you the most? Please feel free to include anyone from the CUNY SPS community including faculty, staff, or fellow classmates.
While I have met many individuals that have helped me throughout my time at CUNY SPS, I am most influenced by my family. They have always been my biggest fans throughout my life and continue to push me to become the best version of myself.
How has your CUNY SPS influenced your current job, and your career overall?
CUNY SPS has helped me see things differently. Throughout my career, I typically chose to accept things for how they were. With the tools that I learned at CUNY SPS, I realized that I should no longer just settle and instead I should yearn to continue to reach for my goals.
What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?
The most rewarding aspect of my job is that I am surrounded by a diverse group of people that are subject matter experts in their own respective fields. The work that I get to do alongside them provides me with the ability to continue with my desire to learn.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
While I never really found myself thinking that far ahead in life, I have to imagine that I will probably seek another way to learn something new.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
- What show/s are you currently watching? I never seem to be on top of shows as they air. I find myself reading a review or overhearing someone speaking about a show and I will tend to find myself binge-watching the episodes. The most recent instance would be Apple TV +’s “the last days of PTOLEMY GREY.” Definitely a great drama series.
- What is your favorite meal? That’s a hard one. I recently reintroduced meat into my diet after being vegetarian for the past few years. If I had to choose, I’d say an Impossible Burger with some French fries.
- What is your favorite line in a movie? “My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Forrest Gump (1994)
- Favorite or most recent book you read? Too many good books that I have read to list them all here. The most recent book is: “The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning, Elevate Your Life” by Robin Sharma.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, none, all? This one is easy.
- Twitter to keep up with the news
- Instagram to stay connected with friends and family
- LinkedIn for my professional network
- TikTok to check up on what my son is laughing about
- List 3 things you would bring to a deserted island. Sunscreen, water, and a fully charged cell phone to call for help