You are here
Diversity and Compliance
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) is committed to a policy of equal employment and equal access in its educational programs and activities. A key component of our mission is to create an environment that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The School supports, enhances, and facilitates the commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by providing expert advice and leadership to the School community in their efforts to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, ensure an environment free from discrimination and harassment, and provide opportunities for reflection, engagement, and learning that aligns to the mission and vision of the School.
It is the policy of CUNY SPS to recruit, employ, retain, promote, and provide benefits to employees and admit and provide services for students without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, disability, genetic information, alienage, citizenship, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses, unemployment status, or other legally prohibited basis in accordance with federal, state, and city laws.
It is also the policy of the School to provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate to individuals with disabilities, individuals observing religious practices, employees who have pregnancy or childbirth-related medical conditions, or employees who are victims of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses.
This Policy also prohibits retaliation for reporting or opposing discrimination, or cooperating with an investigation of a discrimination complaint.
The Chief Diversity Officer / Title IX Coordinator / ADA-504 Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that CUNY SPS complies with University and college policies, as well as federal, state, and local laws pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Ensuring non-discriminatory employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment and hiring processes
- Investigating complaints of discrimination and harassment pursuant to non-discrimination policies and procedures, including as Title IX Coordinator
- Preparing annual Affirmative Action Plans, and other compliance and audit reports and responses, as necessary
- Serving as a liaison between the School, CUNY, enforcement agencies, and community interest groups
- Reviewing appeals of reasonable accommodation requests and decisions
- Conducting outreach and trainings on best practices in recruitment and hiring, and
- Promoting educational and training efforts to foster equity, diversity,and inclusion in the School community
Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator/ADA-504 Coordinator
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street, Room 120
New York, NY 10001
Tel. (646) 618-0129