You are here
Privacy Statement - Foundation
The CUNY School of Professional Studies Foundation (CUNY SPS) operates under the following set of privacy principles:
- CUNY SPS may obtain information about online donors or individual visitors to its website that is supplied voluntarily by such donors or visitors or from other sources. CUNY SPS may also obtain information about student and alumni donors directly from CUNY School of Professional Studies, consistent with applicable privacy protection laws.
- In cases where CUNY SPS may need personal information in order to provide visitors and donors with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, visitors and donors are explicitly asked for that information.
- Personally identifiable information provided by visitors (e.g., name, e-mail or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to any other party other than CUNY School of Professional Studies or CUNY, and the School and CUNY will keep all non-public information confidential. If, at any time, CUNY SPS believes it would be to the benefit of site visitors and donors to share information with other organizations, visitors and donors will be explicitly asked for permission to do so.
- The CUNY SPS Foundation online website, thankyou4caring, is not designed for use by children, nor does the website seek to collect information on or from children who may visit the site.
- CUNY SPS maintains network security that conforms to generally recognized industry standards and best practices. It also employs strict security measures to safeguard all online financial transactions. A secure server hosts files and forms that are used to complete transactions. Personal contributor information is stored in a secure database, and any data sent to third parties to complete a transaction are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. To ensure the privacy of donors, CUNY SPS does not store credit card information.
General Information About All Users
To determine the number of visitors to our website and the most- and least-visited pages on the site, CUNY SPS gathers statistical information on a monthly basis to understand how the public is using the site. These statistical reports do not contain any personal information about visitors to the site.
Personal Information About You
We may ask you for such personal information as your e-mail address so that we can provide news and information that you have elected to receive about such opportunities, events, or general information updates, for example. As stated above, information collected by CUNY SPS is not shared with any other party other than CUNY School of Professional Studies and CUNY. CUNY SPS may use this information to notify you by e-mail of modifications to the website or coming events, or to convey other important information.
Corrections to Your Information & Contact Information
You may notify CUNY SPS of changes in your personal information (e.g., mailing address, e-mail address, etc.) by contacting us at:
CUNY School of Professional Studies Foundation
119 West 31st Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10001
P: (646) 664-8662