You are here
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The CUNY School of Professional Studies is part of the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York. Its programs are registered by the New York State Education Department: Office of Higher Education and Professions, Cultural Education Center, Room 5B28 Albany New York 12230; Telephone (518) 474-5851; www.nysed.gov/heds/IRPSL1.html. The Graduate School and University Center is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267) 284-5000.
The Graduate School and University Center is embarking on its re-accreditation effort by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Accreditation Status
- Consumer Information for Prospective and Current Students
- Periodic Review Report to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education - June 1, 2015 (PDF)
The RN to BS in Nursing at CUNY School of Professional Studies is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Health Information Management
The HIM bachelor's degree program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
The following metrics are reported for the period of August 1, 2016, through July 31, 2017:
- 80% of the first time test takers passed the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) exam compared to the national pass rate of 69%.
- 88% of the students surveyed indicated that they strongly or generally agree that the program met their expectations.
- 95% of the students are employed in HIM or a health-related field.