To qualify for admission to any of the bachelor's degree programs:
- Applicants must have earned at least 24 transferable credits from an accredited college or university,
- Maintained an overall minimum GPA of 2.5 and,
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics. For more information, click here.
The online application requires students to complete a personal essay question that will help us understand your educational goals and readiness for returning to college.
Applications to the Online Baccalaureate for Summer 2013 are currently being accepted. Follow the instructions below to apply.
How to Apply
- Login to the CUNY portal using your existing portal account or register to create a new account.
- If this is your first time logging into the Online Baccalaureate Application, you will have two links to click sequentially:
- First, directly below the CITIZEN CUNY banner, click Admissions/Financial Aid.
- Second, click the Apply Online link, directly below the APPLY TO CUNY banner.
- If you have been to the Online Baccalaureate Application before, click on Admission located on the left hand side and then from the drop down menu click on Online Application after logging in.
- For all applicants, on the Admission Application screen, choose the Transfer option. You will immediately see two choices appear below. For your program choice, select Online Baccalaureate. Do not choose General Admission.
- To complete your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee (payable by credit card only). Without payment, your application will not be sent to the Online Baccalaureate Advisement Center.
- You will need official transcripts sent from all universities you have attended.
- Please allow approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application.
- You'll find the process much faster if you gather the following information before you start the application:
- Previous education history
- Citizenship information
- Family background data
- Credit card information
- Initial thoughts for your personal essay (goals, reason for applying, and experience)
- If for any reason you cannot complete the application immediately, you may save it and complete it later.
- This application has a START OVER button. If you select this button, all information that you have entered will be deleted.
- If at any point during the application process you have any questions, please call 212.652.CUNY (2869) or chat live with an advisor. If you are experiencing technical problems, please contact the SPS Help Desk at 212.652.2888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.