Online Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (R.N. to B.S.)
Attend a webinar to learn if the online R.N. to B.S. in Nursing program is right for you. Click the following date to register: March 25 @ 1PM
The Online Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (R.N. to B.S. in Nursing) program provides registered nurses with the academic credential necessary to help them advance in the field. Through the flexibility of online study, students of this program build on prior knowledge gained at the associate's degree level, and explore pressing issues related to today's changing global healthcare environment. The program is designed to assist students in developing intellectual curiosity and a spirit of inquiry essential to professional development.
Dedicated CUNY faculty and expert practitioners draw on the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing to help students develop and demonstrate competency in:
- Health assessment
- Leadership and management
- Nursing research
- Care of culturally diverse populations
- Global Health and policy issues
Career and Academic Advancement Prospects
The Online Bachelor's Degree in Nursing program prepares licensed registered nurses to assume leadership positions in hospitals, community agencies, and long-term care facilities across the metropolitan area and beyond. Students gain the tools needed to meet the challenges of the evolving healthcare system, as well as the knowledge and experience required to move forward into graduate level studies and advanced practice nursing.
To qualify for admission to the Online Bachelor's Degree in Nursing program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Associate's degree in nursing from the City University of New York or from a non-CUNY regional or nationally accredited credit-granting institution with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Nurses who hold a nursing diploma from a non-credit granting institution may also apply. Diploma applicants are required to pass the National League for Nursing's Acceleration Challenge Exams (NLN NACE II RN to BSN) for acceptance of previous nursing credits. Students scores on this exam are equated to the required 3.0 GPA from students entering with an associate's degree in nursing.
- Current licensure in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse, or eligibility to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination - RN (NCLEX-RN) - in New York State. Students who do not currently hold an RN license may apply to the program in anticipation of licensure. Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be admitted on a conditional basis and will be required to obtain their RN license before beginning their second term in the program.
- All University policies regarding skills and proficiency testing, grading, transfer credit, and degree completion will apply.
The online application requires students to complete a personal essay that will help us understand your educational goals and readiness to return to college.
In order to enroll in the B.S. in Nursing program, students must provide documentation of one of the following categories:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Permanent Residency
- Granted asylum, refugee status, temporary protected status, withholding of removal, deferred enforced departure, or deferred action status by the U.S. Government
*International students may enroll in fully online degree programs. However, our online programs do not qualify for student visas.
- Applications for Fall 2014 due by August 1, 2014 - Apply Now
For more information about the program, contact email@example.com or 212.652.2869.