You are here
Project Management, Adjunct Faculty
Project Management, Adjunct Faculty
Position: Advanced Certificate in Project Management; Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management, Adjunct Faculty (Part-time)
Closing Date: Open until filled with review of resumes to begin immediately
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS is currently seeking adjunct faculty to teach project management courses at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
- PROM 600 Fundamentals of Project Management
- PROM 601 Project Communication and Leadership
- PROM 602 Managing the Triple Constraint: Scope, Time, and Cost
- PROM 210 Project Management
For appointment as adjunct lecturer, adjunct assistant professor, adjunct associate professor, or adjunct professor, a person must have those qualifications or professional achievement and training comparable to those of faculty members in the corresponding ranks of lecturer (full-time), assistant professor, associate professor, and professor appointed through the regular channels of the colleges or university.
- Adjunct Lecturer: Must possess a baccalaureate degree and such other qualifications as may be necessary for the satisfactory performance of his/her instructional functions.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Demonstrated satisfactory qualities of personality and character, evidence of significant success as a teacher, interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement, and willingness to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Adjunct Associate Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. or an equivalent degree from an accredited university in addition to possessing a record of significant achievement in his/her field or profession or as a college or university administrator. There shall be evidence that his/her alertness and intellectual energy are respected outside his/her own immediate academic community. There shall be evidence of his/her continued growth and of continued effectiveness in teaching.
- Adjunct Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university in addition to possessing a record of exceptional intellectual, educational, or artistic achievement and an established reputation for excellence in teaching and scholarship in his/her discipline.
- Master’s degree, PMP certification, and at least six years of experience managing projects.
- Prior teaching experience preferred
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and credentials.
How to Apply
Please send detailed letter of application, C.V. and the names of three references to: Brandon Kelly, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer: https://sps.cuny.edu/about/policies.
The School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office. Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee). All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.