You are here
Coronavirus Update - March 9
Dear Members of the CUNY SPS Community:
I am writing to provide you with an update regarding the coronavirus, and the response of our School and the University. I understand that this is a stressful time, and I want to assure you that CUNY SPS and the University are committed to doing our best to safeguard the health and well-being of all members of our community.
For the most recent information about the virus and the status of the University, please be sure to visit the CUNY coronavirus website, https://www.cuny.edu/coronavirus/ which will be updated as new information becomes available.
I also want to let you know that we have named a CUNY SPS Coronavirus Response Task Force. This Task Force will work closely with the University on implementing guidelines as they become available, and will manage issues specific to CUNY SPS. Members of the Task Force are:
- Washington Hernandez, Associate Dean of Administration & Finance, who will also serve as the School’s primary contact with the University regarding the coronavirus.
- Andrea Fagon, Director of Marketing & Communications
- Lia Kudless, Chief of Staff
- Jennifer Grace Lee, Associate Dean of Enrollment Management & Student Services
- K. Maynard, Director of Human Resources
- George Otte, Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- Amy Perez, Executive Director, PEWL
- Marge Reilly, Academic Director, Nursing
- Bronwen Stine, Assistant Dean of Information Technology
We will continue to keep you informed with the most current information, and the Office of Campus Operations will continue to restock necessary disinfecting products and will be prepared to provide additional cleaning/sanitizing services if warranted.
Understandably, there are members of our community who may be feeling particularly anxious at this time. Students who feel that they may need some assistance can contact CUNY SPS Counseling Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, resources for tax-levy faculty and staff are available through the Employee Assistance Program, Deer Oaks, at the Deer Oaks website using “cuny” (all lowercase) as your username and password. Research Foundation staff can contact a similar program, Health Advocate, at 866-799-2728 or via this website: https://members.healthadvocate.com/Account/OrganizationSearch.
John Mogulescu, Dean
CUNY School of Professional Studies