You are here
Continuing Education Teacher/Business Processes and Enterprise Business Software
College: CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS)
Department: Information Systems, Data Analytics, and Communication and Media
Location: Downtown Brooklyn, NY or Midtown Manhattan, NY
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS is seeking instructors to teach non-credit courses on business processes and the implementation of enterprise business software to undergraduate and graduate students. Through a partnership with the business management software company, Infor, the instructors will receive training on Infor products and collaborate in teaching courses designed to prepare students for employment and internship opportunities at Infor and its customers.
Course is scheduled twice weekly from September through December 2017, in the late afternoon or early evening.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Director, the Continuing Education Teacher will:
- Attend “train-the-trainer” sessions to familiarize him/herself with the Infor-developed course curriculum required to meet defined learning objectives for implementation consultants;
- Provide classroom instruction on the Infor product suite and implementation methodology; guide hands-on exercises with the product on the global user interface, business logic, data model, and execution of common workflows and tasks;
- Advise students on tools and techniques that may further improve their ability to configure and implement enterprise software in various settings;
- Co-teach the course and participate in learning exercises, such as case studies and group projects;
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director to monitor student progress; and,
- Develop benchmarks to be used to determine students’ successful completion of course and success in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of business environment, including accounting, and commonly used business software products.
- Experience in configuring business software products for customer needs, a plus.
- Experience in teaching young adults.
- Ability to respond effectively to feedback and adjust teaching strategies and materials in order to motivate students and respond to student needs.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established curriculum.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Hourly CET Rate: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please apply via email with attached cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references to:
Ms. Jill Hyland, Executive Director of Professional Education and Workplace Learning: email@example.com
Please indicate Continuing Education Teacher/Business Processes and Enterprise Business Software Search in subject line.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer: https://sps.cuny.edu/about/policies.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.