You are here
College Assistant/Alumni Relations and Development Assistant
Position: College Assistant / Alumni Relations and Development Assistant (Part-time)
PVN #: 0028
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Development Specialist, the Development Assistant/College Assistant will provide administrative support to the development/alumni relations team, and will:
- Assist with facilitating the gift processing cycle, including securely transacting credit cards and check payments, recording donations in The Raiser’s Edge, and generating donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with donor and alumni engagement events.
- Assist in the coordination of department events and meetings of the CUNY SPS Foundation Board of Directors.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records in The Raiser’s Edge database as well as the department’s vertical files.
- Assist in generating check requests and tracking department expenses.
- Assist with updating CUNY SPS Foundation web pages.
- Serve as a liaison for friends of CUNY SPS, including donors, alumni, and volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to increase giving and to promote alumni engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some experience in one or more of the following areas: donor management, alumni relations, and/or customer service.
- Some familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT, and/or other SQL database
- Some familiarity with social networking platforms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Salary Range: $16.55/hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume and cover letter along with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of 3 business references to:
CUNY SPS Alumni Relations and Development Assistant /College Assistant Search
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer: https://sps.cuny.edu/about/policies.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.
Open until filled.