You are here
Bursar Assistant - College Assistant
Position: Bursar Assistant - College Assistant
PVN #: 0031
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter Bursar Assistant / College Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bursar Enrollment Manager, the Bursar Assistant / College Assistant will:
- Provide high level customer service to students via all methods of valid communication
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve billing and payment inquiries and issues related to students’ accounts
- Assist in preparing and mailing notifications
- Utilize CUNYfirst and Microsoft Office for entering and managing data entry and extraction
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve processes and procedures as necessary
- Perform calls to students regarding past due balances
- Process payments through CUNYfirst
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of one year experience in financial operations or customer service-oriented position
- Must be proficient in web-enabled communication systems and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in CUNYfirst, CUNY Portal, registration systems and financial aid systems
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively so as to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and program participants.
- Energetic, well organized, and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence
- Prioritize, establish and meet goals. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, and customer service-oriented environment
Salary Range: $16.55 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week (evening and/or weekend hours may be required).
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
SPS College Assistant/ Bursar Assistant Search
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street – 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.