You are here
Alumni Relations Assistant/College Assistant
Position: Alumni Relations Assistant/College Assistant
PVN #: 0054
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
Location: Temporarily Remote
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The Office of Alumni Relations at CUNY SPS seeks a qualified and motivated individual to assist with alumni event logistics, social media communication, and database support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Alumni Relations Specialist, the Alumni Relations Assistant will:
- Assist with the planning and execution of virtual alumni events and activities that will facilitate networking and continue engagement with the School
- Provide support for events which include drafting communication materials, creating online registration platforms, maintaining registration lists and RSVPs, while generating lists and materials as necessary
- Assist with communication on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, providing ongoing presence and resources for alumni
- Assist with creating and posting original content, and ensuring timely and effective response to social media interactions
- Assist with alumni database maintenance to ensure notes and communications are being tracked
- Assist in creating communications for alumni including job postings, trainings, birthday announcements and other occasions and opportunities
- Provide research on alumni and other topics as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- Current CUNY SPS student or alumni preferred, but not required
- Some related experience with providing administrative support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with particular strength in online communication
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties easily and work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer application skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, preferred
- Some experience with web-based conferencing: Zoom, Skype, GoTo Meeting, etc.
- Some experience planning and assisting with special events
Note: While the Alumni Relations Assistant/College Assistant position is currently remote, the selected finalist is expected to have access to a laptop/computer, internet and phone access to perform most job duties and responsibilities. Upon return to normal campus operations, this position will transition to our physical office located at 119 W 31st Street, New York, NY 10001.
Salary Range: up to $17.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
CUNY SPS Alumni Relations Assistant Search
Nidia Cordova, Alumni Relations Specialist
CUNY SPS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee).
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.