You are here
Petrie Nurse Scholarship
With support from the Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation, the Petrie Nurse Scholars award will provide tuition assistance for students enrolled in the CUNY SPS online bachelor’s degree program in nursing (R.N. to B.S.N) who previously earned an Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree with a major in Nursing from a CUNY Community College. Awards will underwrite 100% of tuition and follow recipients through degree completion.
Award Amount: Full tuition scholarship through degree completion. Does not cover student fees.
- Be within 6 – 30 credits of graduation
- Have earned an Associate degree in Nursing from a CUNY Community College
- Have earned a minimum of 6 credits at CUNY SPS
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits
Post Award Requirements:
As a Petrie Nurse Scholar, you will be expected to contribute to the life of the CUNY School of Professional Studies and remain in good academic standing.Post award requirements are outlined below.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Remain enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at CUNY SPS
- Attend the Annual CUNY SPS Scholarship Reception
- Participation in one service component per semester. Examples include, but are not limited to:
a) Participation in the NURSING NOW orientation
b) Coordination assistance for CUNY SPS Nursing Workshops
c) Launch of CUNY SPS Student Nurses Association
d) Contributor to the CUNY SPS Nursing Newsletter
e) Coordination assistance for a Nursing Research Day