You are here
Graduate Financial Aid
There are many options to choose from when considering both government-funded and private sources of financial assistance.
The basic kinds of financial assistance are:
- Loans - Loans do need to be repaid.
- Scholarships - Scholarships are usually based on academic merit and do not need to be paid back.
Federal Financial Aid Requirements
- You must be enrolled for at least 6 credits each semester.
- You must be in a degree program, in good academic standing, and making satisfactory academic progress as defined by The City University of New York.
- Full-time graduate students should complete a Master's degree within three (3) years. Students must earn at least two-thirds of the credits that are attempted.
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.00 GPA.
- You cannot be in default of any federal educational loans and/or owe a federal grant repayment.
How to Apply
To receive both Federal and State financial aid as a CUNY student, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA form is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you have questions while completing the FAFSA form you may contact the FAFSA help line at (800) 433-3243.
We urge you to apply for financial aid for each upcoming academic year before the deadline of April 15.
When completing the FAFSA, the Title IV Code is 004765. When filling out your FAFSA, please note that CUNY School of Professional Studies shares a Title IV code with the CUNY Graduate School and University Center and will appear as “CUNY GRADUATE SCH & UNIV CTR”.
Most award amounts are based on need, and you will have to maintain good academic standing.
Employer and Union Vouchers
Many employers and most unions have funds available to support worker education and skills upgrades. Talk with your employer or union representative. We can provide course registration documentation for you.
Payment Plan Option
You may also pay for your course(s) over a period of time by enrolling with TuitionPay. To learn more visit the Payment Methods section of our website.
Additional information about financial aid can be found at CUNY's website or in the CUNY Paying for College: A Solutions Handbook, which can be mailed to you upon request.
If you have questions relating to financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (646) 664-8720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.