You are here
Textbook Advance Payments
CUNY School of Professional Studies is generating Book Advance Payments in the form of a check or direct deposit for eligible students. The payment will be mailed to the address provided on your current year FAFSA, or credited to your Direct Deposit account or CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card during the first full week of classes.
NOTE: If your eligibility for this or any of your anticipated aid changes, or there are changes in your tuition bill, you may have to repay these funds and/or you may owe more to SPS for your tuition bill.
In order to be eligible for a Book Advance payment you must complete ALL of the following steps:
- File the FAFSA as early as possible;
- Be Pell Grant eligible;
- Check with the Financial Aid Office about a week after filing the FAFSA for Pell Grant eligibility information;
- Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office at least SIX WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration;
- Have a balance (unused portion) between $100 and $400 of the Pell Grant after all tuition and fees have been applied;
- Register and validate at least FOUR WEEKS prior to the last day of regular registration.
- Failure to meet the above process will result in not receiving a Book Advance payment.
Students are advised to apply for Direct Deposit or the CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card, so that your Book Advance (as well as all future financial aid payments) becomes available to you as quickly as possible.
- Direct Deposit Request applications (PDF)
- CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card
- To learn more about how to save money on textbooks.
As noted above, it is of utmost importance to file your FAFSA, follow-up with the Financial Aid Office, as well as register and validate as early as possible to be considered for a Book Advance Payment.
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (646) 664-8720, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Financial Aid Office, located at 119 W 31st Street, 1st Floor, NY, NY.
NOTE: Book Advance Payments are NOT available during the Summer Session.