You are here
Admissions Systems Assistant/Non-Teaching Adjunct
Position: Admissions Systems Assistant/Non-Teaching Adjunct
PVN #: N003
Closing Date: Open until filled
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
CUNY SPS Admissions Office:
The Office of Admissions serves as the first point of contact for prospective students who are interested in obtaining information about the CUNY School of Professional Studies. As a member of the Admissions team, the Admissions Systems Assistant will support the processes to recruit, admit, and enroll students at the CUNY School of Professional Studies. More specifically, in this role the Admissions Systems Assistant will provide accurate information to prospective students and applicants by supporting and aiding the office’s systems manager to update and maintain both various admissions related systems and individual records. The Admissions Systems Assistant stays informed on all SPS policies, programs, and events to provide accurate and timely updates to the various admissions systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Enrollment Systems Manager, the Admissions Systems Assistant will:
- Assist in implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of admission related communication plans in the School’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other admissions related systems.
- Enter prospective student data to create new records and update existing records in the School’s CRM system and other admissions related systems.
- Track admissions related activities (Examples: calls, chats, transcript receipts, etc.) including importing data and maintaining data integrity for reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc email communications, in the School’s CRM or other admissions related systems.
- Assist in creating and maintaining student records in CUNYfirst, the School’s main student database.
- Provide information as directed to prospective students and applicants.
- Assist with admission recruitment activities, including courtesy calls, open house events, and mailings.
- Assist with cross-functional enrollment support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, including but not limited to CUNYfirst and Campus Management systems such as Connect and ApplyYourself
- Commitment to understanding admissions application and student enrollment processes
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Evidence of being detail, results, and solution oriented
- Ability to be focused and efficient, but also flexible when working on multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer applications quickly
Salary Range: $42.95-$54.64 per hour (hourly rate, which is based on the CUNY’s non-teaching adjunct salary scale, is commensurate with experience and qualifications).
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
CUNY SPS Admissions Systems Assistant/NTA Search
Lai Wan Chau, Enrollment Systems Manager
Email Address: Lai-Wan.Chau@cuny.edu
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer:
The School of Professional Studies complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
The School of Professional Studies verifies education and experience statements.