You are here
The Murphy Institute Writing Center
The Murphy Writing Center is a resource for writing support. It is one of a few writing centers in the nation designed specifically for working adults.
We offer a variety of writing support options:
- In Person – meet face to face with a writing expert
- Online Chat Tutoring – after sharing your document on the online scheduler, chat with a writing expert
- Tele-tutoring – share your document on the online scheduler and discuss your paper with a writing expert over the phone
- Hour Before – someone from the writing center will meet you at your class an hour before class starts
- Located at (2) locations:
- Manhattan at 25 West 43rd Street, 19th floor
- Queens at 65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Students enrolled in all Murphy Programs are welcome to use the writing center and its resources.
To sign up for our services, go to murphy.mywconline.com, then click “register for an account.”
Once you have registered, click on the schedule to reserve an appointment and select your writing support option.
The Writing Center is coordinated by Michael Rymer. Along with Wayne Chin, he meets with students at the Manhattan location. Jamie Payano meets with students at the Queens location.
For additional information contact Michael Rymer at (212) 642-2014 or via email at Michael.Rymer@cuny.edu