You are here
**Please be advised that as of March 13, 2016, CUNY had made revisions to the procedures for utilizing a credit or debit card for tuition and fee payments. Students are no longer able to use a credit or debit card to make payments to CUNY SPS for past due balances.**
Please be advised that CUNY recently changed their process if you want to make a one-time online payment.
This informative video shows how to submit an eCheck payment or see the details below.
- To make an online one-time payment, select the make a payment link on your Student Center page (make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled).
- Select Make Payment from the left-hand menu.
- You will see a screen that displays all of the CUNY schools (past and present) associated with your EmplID. Next to each school will be a payment amount box.
- Since each school is listed, each payment amount box either will be populated with a dollar amount if you owe money to that school, or will be blank if nothing is owed.
- You can choose to pay the entire amount in the payment amount box. Or you can choose to override the pre-populated amount and enter the amount you wish to pay in the payment amount box next to the school you want to pay
- DO NOT enter amounts into payment amount boxes of schools with no amounts due. If you do, a payment will be made to that school.
- After you enter your bank information you will see a screen asking: “Is this eCheck information correct?” Before you finalize your payment, review your payment information to:
- Make sure you are only sending money to a school where you have outstanding charges.
- Confirm the amount.
- If the information is wrong, cancel and start over.
- If you finalized an incorrect payment, immediately contact the Office of the Bursar of the school you made the payment to.
- There is no additional fee for using this payment option.
MAIL OR IN-PERSON* PAYMENT
Personal Checks/Money Order
Please send checks or money orders, made payable to CUNY School of Professional Studies, to:
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street, Suite 123
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Bursar Office
*We do not accept cash or credit cards in person. We cannot process payments over the phone.
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
Students can sign up for a payment plan through Nelnet for upcoming terms. The payment plan provides students with the option of paying tuition and fees over a period of up to six months for the fall and spring semesters. The amount of payments is dependent on the date a student enrolls in a payment plan. This flexibility enables students to reduce the burden of paying all tuition and fees prior to the start of the academic term. The payment plan is an interest-free benefit to students. The enrollment fee for the payment plan is $95 per semester. If a student opts for direct withdrawals from a bank account, a discount will be provided which will lower the enrollment fee to $40 per semester. There is no payment plan available for the winter intersession, however, there is a payment plan available for the summer session. You must enroll in a payment plan by your payment due date even though the last day to enroll in a payment plan may occur after the date. Note:
- The first payment is due upon enrollment.
- Payment is automatically debited from your bank account or credit card on the 5th of each month.
- After the 7th day of the semester, payment plan amounts will be adjusted to take into account financial aid awards. Any change to your financial obligation will change your total payment plan balance.
- There is a $30 returned payment fee per occurrence of a returned payment.
- For more information, visit www.mycollegepaymentplan.com/cuny or contact Nelnet at 888.470.6014.
To sign up for the payment plan:
- Students must log into their CUNYfirst account.
- From the Enterprise Menu, select HR/Campus Solutions.
- Navigate to Self Service > Student Center. Under Finance, select Enroll/Manage Payment Plan.
- Payment plans for the summer and fall 2018 term are expected to open at the end of April.
You must enroll in a payment plan by your payment due date even though the last day to enroll in a payment plan may occur after the date.
THIRD PARTY PAYMENTS AND VOUCHERS
An official tuition voucher from your organization must be signed and submitted prior to the tuition payment deadline each semester. You can submit a copy of your signed tuition voucher via fax to (646) 664-8722, Attn: Bursar Office, and mail the original copy to our office. You will be responsible for any remaining balance after your voucher is applied.
Your voucher must be approved by your sponsor or employer in order to be honored and must be received by our office prior to the tuition payment deadline each semester. Your company's voucher should include the following:
- Amount awarded
- Sponsor or Employer's company name, address, and invoicing instructions/requirements
Students will be held liable for their tuition and fees if payment is not received by the School. Vouchers that reimburse the student based on grade performance at the end of the semester will NOT be accepted and students must satisfy tuition payment before semester payment deadline.