The Murphy Institute
The Murphy Institute collaborates with CUNY colleges, unions, and labor-management education funds to offer college programs that meet both the educational needs of workers and the workforce development needs of the City. These programs provide workers with the intellectual and technical skills they need for occupational advancement. They also help the City meet some of its most pressing needs for a well-educated and technically proficient workforce.
Union Specific Programs
Urban Leadership Program for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Urban Studies as well as a scholarship program for union activists interested in Labor Studies.
- Certificate and degree programs in Public Administration/Policy, Health Care Administration/Policy
- Labor Studies and Urban Studies
Local 1930, 1483, 1321
- Master's in Information and Library Science
- DC 37 Cornell/CUNY Certificate in Labor Relations
Teacher-certification program in collaboration with the Board of Education, offered at Queens College, Lehman College, Brooklyn College and the College of Staten Island.
- Environmental Control Technology Program (NYC College of Technology)
- Associate Degree in Heating, Ventilation, and Air conditioning (HVAC)
- Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management
- Environmental Technology and Green Building Program (NYC College of Technology)