The Advanced Certificate Program in Public Administration and Public Policy (Level II) will provide post-Master’s level education in the theory and practice of public administration and public policy. Largely project-oriented, the advanced curriculum provides students with an opportunity to practice important analytical skills developed in prior study of the field through independent, supervised research in an advanced practicum and a final “Project Demonstrating Excellence.” Students in the program will:
- Gain advanced understanding of key policy, implementation and management issues in public administration;
- Practice decision and policy-making skills through field-based projects;
- Utilize advanced research skills and demonstrate facility in a number of methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research; action research; ethnography; and participant observation;
- Utilize research skills to analyze and evaluate public policy;
- Deepen their understanding of the role of government and interest groups in developing public policy;
- Produce sophisticated policy reports and recommendations; and,
- Master analytic skills required to evaluate the effectiveness of public policy and models of public administration.
The program is offered through CUNY SPS’s Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies.