The Advanced Certificate in Coaching in the Organizational Context provides a model and structure for working with organizations and individuals simultaneously. The program is designed for those with a background in coaching and:
- Provides students with the opportunity to develop new competencies and awareness in the field of organization development;
- Redefines business coaching as a co-client relationship between the coached individual and the sponsoring organization;
- Equips business coaches with the knowledge to describe the contextual coaching process;
- Allows students to comprehend and explain the value of coaching in workplace settings while incorporating the strategic values and agenda of the organization; and
- Prepares students to synthesize and report about ways that the Contextual Coaching model contributes to balanced leadership development in the business coaching process.
The program provides professional development for:
- HR managers and staff who assume coaching roles within their organizations;
- Internal coaches seeking additional training; and
- External coaches and consultants who require a credential to distinguish themselves from others in the field.
Candidates for admission to advanced certificate programs must possess a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher from an accredited undergraduate institution.
Carol B. Robbins