Online Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (B.S.)
A prime distinction between a good company and a great company is how well its information systems align with business goals. The CUNY SPS online B.S. in Information Systems degree program focuses on five components of information systems: processes, people, data, infrastructure, and design; and on the ways they combine to create agile and competitive organizations. The online B.S. in Information Systems provides students with the practical knowledge to make sense of and contribute to the increasingly globalized and technology-driven business environment. The program's online classes make it one of the most convenient IS degree options for working professionals and transfer students looking to complete their bachelor's degree. And, as always, we provide the value, quality, and recognition that come with a CUNY degree.
Students in the B.S. in Information Systems program:
- Develop core technical proficiency in programming, web and mobile app development, database design and management, enterprise applications and cloud computing, systems analysis and design, and networking and security
- Customize the curriculum through a broad range of technical and application electives such as e-commerce, human resources, marketing, GIS, healthcare systems, computer forensics, data science, and business process redesign
- Learn practical and high-demand skills through hands-on projects in every course
- Cultivate a strong sense of innovation and entrepreneurship through courses in technology strategy and management as well as by developing their technology portfolio
What's Trending Now in IS
Keep up with the latest job news and trends in the IS field:
Enjoy and keep checking back for more,
Paul Russo, Ph.D.
Careers in Information Systems
Graduates of the B.S. in Information Systems program will be prepared for a variety of jobs, including systems analyst and developer, web and mobile application programmer, business analyst, database analyst & administrator, computer and information system manager, project manager, business intelligence analyst, network administrator, IT auditor, and desktop support.
We are committed to maximizing transfer credit for courses taken at an accredited colleges or universities in a way that allows students to increase the number of technology-related courses that can be taken while at CUNY SPS.
Associate’s Degree Holders: 2+2 Program
Ask if you qualify for our 2+2 program, which allows students who have an A.A. or A.S. degree from an accredited college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems in two more years as long as they attend school full time (15 credits per term) and stay in sequence. Summer coursework may be necessary depending on the student’s career goals and choice of courses.
The online B.S. in Information Systems program is designed to support transfer from any previous major. So long as you meet the basic admission requirements, are passionate about technology, work hard, and are committed to graduating, you will make a good candidate for admission. To qualify for admission to any of the online bachelor's degree programs at CUNY SPS, applicants must have:
- At least 24 transferable credits from an accredited college or university;
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5;
- A personal statement, and, at the discretion of the academic director, an interview;
- Basic proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics. For more information, click here.
The online application requires applicants to complete a personal essay, which helps us understand their reasons for majoring in information systems and readiness to return to college. For admission into the IS program, we ask that applicants include a study plan for the first semester that includes how the applicant will make sufficient time to handle his or her planned course load, how the applicant will manage unexpected disruptions to study time, and how the applicant plans to study. The faculty read every personal statement carefully and take them seriously.
*International students may enroll in fully online degree programs. However, our online programs do not qualify for student visas.
- Applications for Fall 2015 due by July 13, 2015 - Apply Now
For more information about the program, contact email@example.com or 212.652.2869.