Online Bachelor's Degree in Psychology (B.A.)
The online Bachelor's Degree‚ in Psychology (B.A.) investigates why people behave the way they do. Throughout the program, students gain insight into motivation, learning, social behavior, and development across the lifespan. Students learn how to conduct research, design surveys, interpret behavioral situations, and communicate effectively.
Consistent with the American Psychological Association's educational goals, the online B.A. in Psychology is designed to enable students to:
- Develop a strong knowledge base in psychology;
- Understand and apply research methods in psychology;
- Use critical and creative thinking skills in psychology;
- Understand and apply psychological principles; and
- Reflect the values in psychology.
Students will also develop competencies in information and technological literacy, communication skills, sociocultural and international awareness, personal development, and career planning and development.
General education courses complement this specialized study and emphasize critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, effective communication and the exploration of the foundations of knowledge and culture.
Career and Academic Advancement Prospects
The online B.A. in Psychology program is an excellent foundation for a wide variety of careers, including social service, management and business, marketing and market research, health care, and government.
For students who aspire to advanced study, this program offers the essential knowledge and training typically required for admission to graduate programs in clinical psychology and research. Students interested in graduate professional programs in the law, international development, and administration will benefit from the program's strong emphasis on critical thinking, ethics and multiculturalism.
To qualify for admission to any of the Bachelor's Degree programs applicants must have:
- Earned at least 24 transferable credits from an accredited college or university;
- Maintained an overall minimum GPA of 2.5; and
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics. For more information, click here.
The online application requires students to complete a personal essay that will help us understand your educational goals and readiness to return to college.
*International students may enroll in fully online degree programs. However, our online programs do not qualify for student visas.
- Applications for Spring 2015 due by December 8, 2014 - Apply Now
For more information about the program, contact email@example.com or 212.652.2869.