The Online Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Media (B.A.) offers an interdisciplinary curriculum focused on critical issues related to communications, with special emphasis on new and traditional media. Students also examine how social and organizational cultures influence how people communicate.
Drawing on communication and media studies and the social sciences, courses develop students’ abilities to:
- Interpret and evaluate various forms of communication, with special emphasis on web-based content;
- Use communication strategies that are responsive to cultural and audience differences and the requirements of new media; and
- Understand the global reach of communication and media and how they serve as powerful links between and among the world’s cultures.
Required research courses will enable students to interpret current research and to focus on a particular interest relevant to communication and media. General education courses complement this specialized study and emphasize critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, effective communication and the exploration of the foundations of knowledge and culture.
Career and Academic Advancement Prospects
The Online Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Media prepares graduates for careers in management, media and communications, social services, and international organizations. The degree also provides a strong foundation for graduate training in a wide variety of professional specializations.
To qualify for admission to any of the Bachelor's Degree programs applicants must have:
- Earned at least 24 transferable credits from an accredited college or university;
- Maintained an overall minimum GPA of 2.5; and
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics. For more information,click here.
The online application requires students to complete a personal essay that will help us understand your educational goals and readiness to return to college.
For more information about the program, contact George Otte at 212.817.7145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.