The Academic Advisement Center for Online Bachelor's Degree Programs is dedicated to furthering the educational mission of SPS by assisting the academic pursuits of students. The Academic Advisement Center helps students with educational planning, improving study skills, accessing learning support services, and adjusting to the demands facing adult learners.
The Academic Advising Center promotes students' development and academic success by:
- Providing high quality academic advising to facilitate the intellectual and personal growth of students.
- Supporting students' academic transition as they enter and progress through their studies.
- Fostering strong, respectful, and professional advisor-advisee relationships.
- Providing academic support and guidance related to course selection, financial aid, and online learning preparedness.
Applicants to the Online Bachelor's Degree programs are assigned an academic advisor who works with them from pre-admission to graduation. Academic Advisors offer students guidance in the following areas:
- Transfer credit evaluation
- Course registration and program planning
- Defining academic goals
- Concentration selection based on career goals
- Tutoring service referrals
- Time management strategies
- Academic progress review
- Explanation of University policies and procedures
- Serve as the liaison between students and financial aid, career, and other academic services
For the Academic Advisement Center's location, hours of operation, and contact information click here.