As we inaugurate the 2012-13 academic year at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS), in addition to celebrating new beginnings, we are also very proud to mark the 10th anniversary of SPS. As a member of the SPS community, you are vital to our growth and success, and I deeply appreciate your ongoing commitment to our School.
In the last year alone, we have continued our tradition of consistently enhancing the opportunities we offer our students by:
- Graduating over 300 students in June 2012.
- Launching three new degree programs: an online B.A. in Disability Studies, an online M.S. in Data Analysis, and an in-person M.A. in Urban Studies. Other programs are also in development.
- Awarding scholarships from a third scholarship fund, The Stephen M. Rossen Scholarship Fund. This fund now joins the Founding Dean’s Scholarship and Bob Martin Scholarship, allowing more students to receive the support they need.
- Formally launching the SPS Foundation.
- Beginning preparatory work on the future home of SPS at 119 W. 31st Street.
- Updating the SPS website at sps.cuny.edu.
Your support is critical to our continued growth -- your contribution will allow us to continue to develop new degree, certificate, and training programs; attract and support a diverse student body; recruit and retain world-class faculty; and, perhaps most importantly, expand the number of scholarships we award to students. We have already seen that number of scholarships grow in the past year.
To make a gift, please click the link on this page. While considering your contribution to SPS this year, please remember that every gift, regardless of size, matters.
On behalf of our School and our students, thank you in advance for your support.
Dean, CUNY School of Professional Studies